Skip to content
Go to Top
- 1946 Established as a trading company to supply raw materials to help with the reconstruction of Japan
- 1953 Started in-house production of stabilizers for PVC
- 1967 Changed company name to Akishima Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.
- 1982 Patents related to betadiketone, historical breakthrough on PVC stabilizer technology
- 1992 Became part of Elf Atochem Group (Total)
- 2000 Acquired ISO 9001 certification
- 2003 Acquired ISO 14001 certification
- 2004 Became part of Arkema following its spin-off from Total
- 2012 Became part of the KEMONE group after its spin-off from Arkema
- 2016 Joined the IVY GROUP after the carve-out from KEMONE
- 2019 Joined WESTLAKE CHEMICAL
- 2019 Acquired ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015
- 2020 Changed company name to Westlake Akishima Co., Ltd.